Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On "Movements"

...Do you not think that just "spreading the word" would be a harmful thing for the movement? I mean a lot of "wrong" people can be attracted to it, thereby triggering the same fiasco as have happened with all the movements in the history. By wrong I don't mean criminals or fanatics but I'm talking about that more common crowd of mindless, ignorant fools, born followers, the herders, the hanger-ons. This problem of wannabes and clueless hoards has always took everything, every revolution, every good intention and by their mere filthy blindness have turned it into "the world as we have today". I mean what is left that has not been tainted/corrupted by this swarm of locusts. Take anything...Religion, spirituality, philosophy, science, freedom, happiness, morality, politics, societies, responsibilities, patriotism, being practical, media, cultures...Hasn't the meaning and purpose of everything been distorted, turned upside down, inside out by their sheer lack of understanding the fundamentals coupled with that stinky urge of "contributing to causes", "giving back", "making a difference", "joining movements", "getting onto the bandwagon" as a redemption of whatever petty guilt they have gotten stuck to their little consciences. Isn't the world a mess that it is because of this only? I think more than anything else, this is one single cause responsible for the eventual decline or failure of every system, every revolution, every movement.

The fundamental mistake lies in thinking that numbers are what we need to bring something about, to make these movements successful. Whereas, it's not the quantity but the quality of people that should be the criteria, the base and aim for distributing such knowledge, sharing such information and asking for involvement. Mass movements will only end up in messy stalemates, leaving everybody frustrated, banging their heads on the wall not being able to figure out, "What the hell went wrong?!"

2 comments:

  1. The World is what people are made of. I don't want to be made of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I was not molded at my initial stage, I would have been the perfect fit. And now, when I have understood this, don't want to mold the World as I want to see it.

    However, You are my favorite and no doubt I would like to be recast by you.

    ReplyDelete