Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Act

What's going on outside? What's all that noise?
A wedding. I don't understand why are all these people so happy when it's just two of them who're getting married? What's all that cacophony and blocking the roads, all that dancing, fireworks, trying, but NOT succeeding in not looking stupid because they're all so dressed-up for all this! Oh, I know why.

Why?
Because...two people can fuck now.

What??
Oh...Political correction: Because two people can live together now. Spend their lives together, raise a family together...all that.

Right.
...Something which they couldn't before they allowed it. But now they allow. It's a victory for them.

You mean it's a victory for the couple?
No. Two more people getting inducted in another one of their holy "institutions" is a victory for People Power!...I mean the ones who are doing the Victory Dance.

I think it's a win-win.
I think it's a racket.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... great point. What I loved the most though, is the last line. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete